Review: Smoe - Erin Lee

Image result for Circus freaks


SMOE



Review: Smoe - Book #2 Circus Freaks Series - Erin Lee - 2018


I hadn't read the first book first, but once I got started with Smoe, I had an idea about what was happening, and now after finishing the book, I want to go back and read book #1. Circus Freaks is a series about the characters in the Carnie freakshows from the bearded woman to clowns to one-armed little people and Siamese twins like Smoe. Smoe is the nickname for Moe who is one half of a Siamese Twin. Joe and Moe are the Siamese twin act of the circus. This story starts out seemly innocent with Joe being the more active part of the Siamese twin and Moe who is the head on the shoulders. We are also introduced to Cat who is a one-armed little person with psychotic tendencies, and she has a crush on Moe. Smoe kept me intrigued with the variety of murders that Erin Lee is famous for and I have to admit this book ends with a twist that I did not see coming. The ending to me had a Harry Dresden "Bob" feel which I loved.  I am now looking forward to reading the rest of the Circus Freaks series.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid